From opera to R&B, some upcoming events offer a variety of indoor cultural events coming to our part of Long Island. Here are this week's choices:
Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte on Big Screen
Conducter Daniel Barenboim and Doris Dorrie’s dazzling modern-dress production of Mozart’s classic will have two screenings at Huntington’s Cinema Arts Centre.
$10 members; $15 public.
- Showings: Sunday, Jan. 27 at 1 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m.; part of the Opera On Screen series, sponsored by Bottles and Cases, at Cinema Arts Centre, 423 Park Ave., Huntington: 631-423-7610;
- Tickets can be purchased online, www.CinemaArtsCentre.org at the box office during theater hours or by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006. For more information about this performance go here.
Drama: 'Intimate Apparel' at Nassau Community College
This award-winning play by Lynn Nottage about an African American seamstress living on her own in 1905, her trials and her ambitions, opens tonight and runs the next two weekends.
- Tickets: $9; $7 for those over 55. Free for college students with current ID if bought at the box office at the time of the performance.
- Presented by the departments of Theatre and Dance and Africana Studies, performances begin Friday Saturday and Sunday and Jan. 30 through Feb. 3. Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m.; Sundays at 3 p.m.
- For more information, or to order tickets, call the Theatre Box Office at 516.572.7676 Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Golden Age of Rock 'n Roll at Westbury
Legendary Rock n' Roll Hall of Famers The Spinners and Little Anthony & the Imperials are set to perform for one night only: Saturday, Feb. 16 at 8 p.m. at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury.
- Tickets are $69.50 and $49.50 plus service charges.
- Tickets available online at www.ticketmaster.com; charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or at the Westbury box office. Event, date and time are subject to change. For more information visit www.thetheatreatwestbury.com.
About this column: "Long Island Culture" is a new Patch Friday feature highlighting upcoming cultural and arts events around our region. Add yours in the comment section below and to our events calendar. You can also pitch your best offerings to Local Editor Joe Dowd at email@example.com.