It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and great places to explore.
1. – Where/When: 200 Long Island Expy, Manhasset, Thursday at 11 a.m. Why Go: Get outside in the sun and play a great game of golf or tennis while supporting the United Cerebral Palsy Foundation. Pricing: Golf package is $600. Tennis package is $250.
2. – Where/When: Jones Beach State Park, 1 Ocean Parkway, Wantagh, Friday at 7:30 p.m. Why Go: Swim at Jones Beach during the day and hang around at night for live Tribute bands playing the sounds of The Grateful Dead. Pricing: Free.
3. – Where/When: , 4 Glen Cove Ave, Glen Cove, Saturday at 10 a.m. Why Go: Take advantage of this free class at the library. Serious writers come and meet other writers and exchange ideas in the Community Room. Pricing: Free.
4. – Where/When: Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, 1000 Ocean Pkwy, Wantagh, Saturday at 7 p.m. Why Go: Listen to the famous rock bands Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance live at the Nikon Theater at Jones Beach. Pricing: Tickets onsale starting at $59 each.
5. – Where/When: , Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Why Go: Enjoy a free debut concert at the Glen Cove Regency. Listen to songs by the Gershwins, Kern, Porter, Sondheim and other vocals plus an eight-string jazz guitar. Pricing: Free.