Director for St Joseph Hospital Medical/Surgical Units. State license and registration required. BLS certification required. MSN required or proof of enrollment in MSN required. Five years progressive managerial experience required.
Dermatology LPN, SUNY Research Foundation
- Assist attending physicians and residents with exams, and various procedures in MOHS micrographic surgery.
- Assist attending physicians and residents with exams, and various procedures including biopsy, wound care and other dermatological procedures in medical dermatology.
- Prepare procedure trays/supplies; dispose of and/or sterilize
- supplies per infection control requirements.
- Prepare patients for procedures as instructed. Provide education for the patient in the proper preparation they need to perform at home to be ready for scheduled medical procedures.
- Maintain unit, order supplies, etc. to meet Joint Commission guidelines.
Dietitian, South Shore Hospital
- Assesses patients and documents in patients' medial record, according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Recommends nutrition care plans to medical staff for review and consideration.
- Recommends therapeutic diet modifications and/or supplemental feedings to physicians for patients.
- Ensures accuracy of diet order received by checking against physician's order.
- Calculates nutrient content of tube feeding, TPN/PPN, and dietary intakes (calorie counts) as ordered by physicians.
- Provides nutritional guidance and counseling to patients and their families. Provides written material as needed and according to prescribed diet.
- Participates in Project Improvement projects; assists in data collection and reporting results.
- Reports any malfunctioning of equipment of anything, which may interfere with a safe and smooth operation.
- Assists in overseeing food service workers in proper food handing and portion control.
- Assists Chief Clinical Dietitian with changes to the patient's menu, including patient food preferences, the development of standardized recipes, and overseeing food service workers in proper food handing and portion control.
Lab Technologist, Core Lab NSLIJ
- Sets-up and performs a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area and personal qualifications.
- Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results.
- Follows established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and methodologies.
- Maintains sufficient supplies at work station.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Uses infection control practices and procedures
Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Stony Brook University
The pediatric neurosurgeon will have a leadership role in the development of a specialized pediatric neurosurgery service/program as a part of the new Children's Hospital. The incumbent will work closely with the leadership of the Departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology and Pediatrics as well as Stony Brook University Medical Center. Opportunities for participation in clinical and translational research as well as resident teaching responsibilities.
MRI Technologist, Plainview Hospital
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Performs MRI procedures to include: abdominal, thoracic, all neurological exams, extremities, sub-periosteal implant planning, radiation therapy treatment planning, biopsies, etc.
- Administers intravenous (IV) and oral contrast agents as per Radiologist order.