Cinco de Mayo or May 5 commemorates the Mexican army’s victory in the Battle of Puebla over the French on May 5 1862.
This year, celebrate Mexican heritage and pride in Glen Cove. Here are a few tips to help plan the perfect Cinco de Mayo celebration.
- – On Friday May 6 at 7 p.m., The Metropolitan in Glen Cove will host a special Mother’s Day Cinco de Mayo Big Band Dance. Couples, singles and familes are invited to dance the night away to the sounds of a 19 piece Big Band with lead singer Bill Wilkinson will perform classics from Sinatra, Glenn Miller and Tony Bennett. Tickets are $20 per person. A dinner buffet will also be served for an additional $25 and a cash bar will also be available.
- Elite Tent and Party Rentals, 100 Carney Street – Planning your own Cinco De Mayo bash? Rent tables, chairs, linen, chinaware, glassware, flatware, tents and dance floors.
- – Pick up affordable Mexican-themed decorations: piñata, maracas, sombreros.
- ; – What's a party without food? Pick up chips, dips, salsa and other Mexican-inspired dishes. Not in the mood to cook? Cater a few dishes from
- – Not in the mood to cook? Have authentic Mexican restaurant Puerto Vallarta cater the event.
- ; ; ; – What’s a party without food…and drinks? With several liquor stores in the area, there are plenty of options to help you mix up the perfect Margarita or your drink of choice.