Some of the jobs open in the area this week.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory’s Watson School of Biological Sciences (WSBS) seeks an associate dean to oversee its graduate program operations. WSBS was founded at the world-renowned CSHL 12 years ago to implement a PhD program in molecular and cellular biology, neuroscience, genetics, genomics and quantitative biology.
- Assist the general manager of a PETCO store with reaching sales goals and staying within budgeted payroll hours
- Make sure the store is opened/closed daily according to established procedures
- Help train and develop store personnel
- Direct and assist with the ordering, loading, pricing, SKUing and stocking of merchandise
- Assist in merchandising store as instructed
- Interact with customers
High-volume restaurant needs bus boys.
- Running community events and promotions
- Establishing community marketing opportunities
- Developing and contacting public leads
- Masterminding innovative promotional campaigns
- Running grass roots and guerilla marketing
- Following up with new prospects
- Expanding on our social marketing
- Review and analyze company receivable to ensure balances are collected on time
- Guide AR team in preparation of account reconciliations
- Identify and resolve the root cause of identified discrepancies
- Work with upper management to settle account discrepancies
- Review and analyze price adjustments, shortage credits etc.
- Interact with the other departments and sales reps to improve communication and system processes
- Work with IT to improve or adjust systems to accommodate business requirements
- Establish customer credit limits and maintain documentation to support established limits
- Document AR work flow and improve controls
- Assist with monthly general accounting functions (AR reporting, reconciliations, bad debt allowance etc.)
- Assist with periodic audits
Assistant director will handle internal requests/distributions for magazines, fact-checking and proofing, and inputting changes using Word and InDesign.
The candidate will write news briefs and profiles of students/faculty/staff/alumni for internal and external newsletters and magazines. He or she will review and copy-edit printed materials generated by the Department of Publications and Advertising and ensure deadlines are met, workflow remains steady, and the final product is proofed prior to printing.
Knowledge of AP style required. Basic knowledge of HTML, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint required. Fluency in Chinese or Arabic helpful.