Several jobs are open this week around Glen Cove.
An exam has been scheduled for positions with the . The next exam is expected in November, with filing dates expected in August and September.
To participate in the exam, candidates must:
- Have graduated from high school or possess a high school equivalency diploma;
- Have reached their 19th birthday as of the date of the written examination;
- Have not reached their 35th Birthday as of the date of the written examination;
- Live in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens or Westchester Counties; and
- File an application with the appropriate fee or fee waiver during the application filing period.
Part-time. Glen Cove based not-for-profit agency. Excellent coalition building & public relations skills required. Experience working with not-for-profit agencies required. Background in alcohol and substance abuse prevention preferred. Fax only: (516) 676-2564.
Statistical Intern needed to:
* Assist with and maintain statistical reports
* Prepare data for statistical analysis and ad hoc projects
* Enhance or develop programming skills using SAS®
* Expand statistical/analytical skills
Provides clerical, administrative and semi-technical support to the technical units of the field office. Responsible for obtaining background data, preparing reports, processing certificates, typing, computer input/output, and maintaining technical and administrative files. Technical Program Support: Processes FAA-issued certificates and authorizations. Communication: Receives incoming telephone calls and answers routine inquiries.
If you're in the market for a training program, the state Labor Department said Wednesday that the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Electrical Industry of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, is recruiting for electrician apprentices.
The organization said recruitment will continue through Feb.20, for 40 electrician apprentices, 5 electrician (residential) apprentices and 5 electrical maintenance technician apprentices.