Fire crews put out a fire Wednesday that started at a house at 24 Sylvia Street in Glen Head after lightning struck an electrical box on the home's side at 9:05 p.m., according to Nassau County police.
No injuries were reported.
The Glenwood Fire Company responded to the alarm, and was aided by the Sea Cliff and Roslyn Fire Departments.
Bill Mozer lives around the corner on Smith Street. He said he watched firemen answer the call, where he saw no flames but plenty of smoke coming from the electrical box, where he could see electrical arcing.