Drivers in the Town of Oyster Bay may have get used to hitting the brakes more often in the coming months.
The Town has made a proposal to add sixteen new signs in six different communities.
Here's a list of where the proposed signs are to be located:
- Southbound Thorne Drive at Central Avenue.
- Eastbound 11th Avenue at Woodward Parkway.
- Westbound Primrose Avenue at Peachtree Lane.
- North and south on Gardner Avenue at California Street.
- East and West North Delaware Avenue at Carol Court.
- Southbound Carol Court at North Delaware Avenue.
- Eastbound Brewster Road at Bay Drive.
- Eastbound Adam Road at bay Drive.
- Eastbound Bellaire Road at Bay Drive.
- North and south Wallace Drive at Cedar Drive West.
- Eastbound Cedar Drive West at Wallace Drive.
- Southbound Albergo Lane at Corin Court.
- Northbound Barstow Street at Hicks Street.
- Eastbound Church Street at Woodbury Way.
- Eastbound East Street at Woodbury Way.
- Eastbound Maple Street at Woodbury way.
The Town Board held a public hearing on changes to the traffic code this week. Supervisor John Venditto expects the Board will vote in the coming months.