It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue!
We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit, and great places to explore:
1. – Where/When: Village Square, Glen Street and Bridge Street, Friday at 7 p.m. Why Go: Join fellow Glen Cove residents for a Christmas blessing and carols. The Children’s Choir is performing, and Father Daniel will lead the blessing. Afterwards, hot chocolate and cookies will be served at on School Street. Pricing: Free.
2. – Where/When: Auditorium, 150 Dosoris Lane, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. Why Go: Local students are performing a unique version of Lewis Carroll’s classic tale. This Alice is a teenager who is facing the terrors of adulthood. Pricing: $8 for adults, $7 for students, $6 for seniors.
3. – Where/When: , 148 Glen Street, Sunday from 12-4 p.m. Why Go: Shop for gifts for friends and family. Browse a wide variety of rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Complimentary hot chocolate and refreshments will be served. Pricing: Free.
4. – Where/When: , 86 Crescent Beach Road, Sunday from 12-5 p.m. Why Go: There will be a wide variety of books and beautiful costume jewelry at below wholesale prices for purchase. Disney-themed gifts and custom-made handbags are also available. Pricing: Free.
5. – Where/When: , 4 Glen Cove Avenue, Sunday at 2 p.m. Why Go: Bring the whole family for an interactive presentation featuring a variety of music focusing on the spirit of the Christmas, Chanukah and Kwanzaa celebrations. Pricing: Free.