Happy Thursday, Glen Cove. There's plenty of opportunity to get involved in the community today. Keep informed by visiting Glen Cove Patch throughout the day.
Have something to share with your neighbors? Add it to our calendar or e-mail Cindy Springsteen at email@example.com.
1. The mic is open! The and Glen Cove Patch are sponsoring a weekly acoustic open mic every Thursday at . Would-be singer/songwriters are encouraged to bring a guitar or other appropriate instrument. Sign-ups begin at 7:30 p.m. Performances start at 8 p.m.
2. Today at the Bring your children ages 18-30 months to at 10:30 a.m. It includes a half-hour of short books, nursery rhymes, finger plays and music. A representative of the Maurer Foundation will be giving a presentation at 7 p.m. on . This person will dispel myths, allay unnecessary fears and give current information to help educate the community about breast health.
3. Glen Cove Weather Report: Expect showers, then scattered thunderstorms later in the day with a high of 68.
4. Mark your calendars: PTA is hosting a on Wednesday, Oct. 19, from 4-9 p.m. There will be child supervision and homework help for kids while their adult gives blood. All donors will be entered into gift basket raffles, including one that is "True Blood"-themed. If you prefer to make an appointment, call Katie at 516-317-8604 or return the bottom portion of the PDF shown in this post to your child's teacher by Oct. 17.
5. Have a strong opinion about the upcoming election? Blog for us! Patch is still looking for bloggers who can riff on various topics, share their personality and engage our readers in discussions. Think you've got what it takes? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.