It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue!
We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit, and great places to explore.
1. – Where/When: , Morris Avenue, Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Why Go: The Glen Cove Junior Soccer League is hosting its annual intramural tournament, which is a round-robin of games amongst the Glen Cove youth soccer teams. Enjoy a fun-filled day of soccer, sunshine and BBQ. Bring chairs! Pricing: Free.
2. – Where/When: , Morris Avenue, Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Why Go: Meet local representatives from health-based businesses and agencies, and pick up information about programs and events in Glen Cove. Each year, the health fair is held in conjunction with Soccerfest. Pricing: Free.
3. – Where/When: , 50 Glen Street, Saturday from 7-9 p.m. Why Go: Bring your children ages 6-9 for an evening of relaxation, games and discovery. Refreshments and snacks will be served. Pricing: $20.
4. “Every Child Deserves a Cure,” Billy Fischer Cancer Research Fundraiser – Where/When: , 4 School Street, Saturday from 12-4 p.m. Why Go: Come support the Billy Fischer Cancer Research Fund benefitting the Steven & Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York. There will be a cash bar, specially-priced menu, arts and crafts, raffles and live music. Pricing: $10 for adults, $5 for children.
5. – Where/When: Wunsch Arts Center at , 1 Forest Avenue, Sunday at 3:15 p.m. Why Go: Enjoy a musical tribute to America’s greatest heroes. Pricing: Free.