Here are some key events in and around Glen Cove this weekend:
1. See Strawberry Fields for a Beatles tribute for Friday's Downtown Sounds at the Village Square in Glen Cove. 7:30 p.m. Free. Bring a lawn chair.
2. Puccini's, Il Tabarro, a classic one-act opera of a love triangle gone badly wrong, will play be performed in the Great Hall of the Guggenheim Mansion at Sands Point Preserve. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.; the performances begin at 8:15 p.m. and runs about an hour. $75: See details and opera review here.
4. The '80s pop sensation, Huey Lewis and the News, will be performing at Eisenhower Park’s Harry Chapin Lakeside Theater Saturday at7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Bring a lawn chair.
5. The Holy Family festival in Hicksville continues Friday and concludes Saturday. The event draws people from all over the Hicksville area. Nightly beginning at 6. Details here.
6.Levels at the Great Neck Library presents a free performance of Mel Brooks' stage version of "The Producers," Friday and Saturday. Doors open at 7:15 for ticketholders and 7:45 for non-ticketholders. Tickets are free and are intended to guarantee seating.
7. Sharon Owens brings her Barbra Streisand tribute show to Morgan Park Summer Music Festival on Sunday, August 18. The concert, which is free to the public, will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Morgan Park.